Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Monitor and Printer Calibration

dalafleur

US
68 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"Monitor and Printer Calibration"

dalafleur Silver Member Nikonian since 02nd May 2007
Fri 25-Jan-13 04:21 PM

I am slowly building a photography business specializing in commercial and architectural photography. I recently purchased an HP Workstation running Windows 7 Professional 64 bit with a NVIDIA Quadro 400 graphics card. I hope to replace my HP w2408 monitor with a NEC PA27W BK and my Canon PIXMA Pro 9000 MKII with an Epson 3880.

I do not have a calibration system, however, if I purchase the above equipment I definitely want to calibrate both monitor and printer. My question is should I purchase the monitor with the companion SpectraView II Color Calibration or should I get something like a Color Munki system which would calibrate both pieces of equipment?

My goal is to produce large format prints of the highest quality while making that job a whole lot easier than it has been thus far. Would ColorMunki do the trick or, if not, what reasonably priced alternatives are there which would suit my purpose.

As always, many thanks to the Nikonians community for offerring sound advice!

Doug

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic Monitor and Printer Calibration [View all] , dalafleur Silver Member , Fri 25-Jan-13 03:21 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Monitor and Printer Calibration