Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Complete noob to printers and printing.

kj_fi

Vantaa, FI
326 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Complete noob to printers and printing."

kj_fi Silver Member Nikonian since 18th Jul 2007
Mon 31-Dec-12 08:01 PM

Hi,

I have been happy with Canon Pixma 9000 Mk II, except that the ICC profiles and drivers were a bit confusing first. About 300 € ($400) it was a bargain, I think. Here are a couple of comments about it:

9000 uses dye-based inks and does not waste them when turning the printer on (I read a comment about this problem before deciding between 9000 and 9500 Mk II). It doesn't seem to clog them, either -- not even when having not used the printer for several weeks.

I believe the results are not as good as in printers with pigment-based inks when using matte paper. However, I think the printouts dry out faster, which usually is an advantage (for me at least).

B & W results could possible be better but I don't print B & W, so it's not a problem for me.

Others, please comment on my assumptions on pigment/dye-based and other things. I have no experience of other photo printers.

Best regards,
Kari

A general, generic topic Complete noob to printers and printing. [View all] , gbowen Gold Member , Fri 28-Dec-12 12:53 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Complete noob to printers and printing.