Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Complete noob to printers and printing.

quenton8

Toronto, CA
1445 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Complete noob to printers and printing."

quenton8 Silver Member Awarded for bringing his experience to the Nikonians community helping members with printing and the use of post-processing software from the perspective of an IT professional. Ribbon awarded for his enthusiastic and repeated support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 11th Apr 2010
Fri 28-Dec-12 06:01 PM

If you want to get serious about it, and you want to go over 8x10, which is about where I was 2 years ago -- I might suggest the Epson R3000.

I have an R2880 -- which was the previous model to the R3000. The 3000 should a bit cheaper on ink as it has larger tanks on the cartridges. It goes up to 13" width and uses Pigment-Based Inks, which are archival quality.

You are likely looking at around $600 with possible rebates, but that is just a guess. My 2880 was $699 2 years ago and with a $200 rebate ended up about $499.

I would wait and see what Ernesto (esantos) says -- he was the one who recommended the 2880 to me.

----
Dennis Smith.

A general, generic topic Complete noob to printers and printing. [View all] , gbowen Gold Member , Fri 28-Dec-12 12:53 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Complete noob to printers and printing.