Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

New Printer Advice

quenton8

Toronto, CA
1445 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: New Printer Advice"

quenton8 Silver Member Awarded for bringing his experience to the Nikonians community helping members with printing and the use of post-processing software from the perspective of an IT professional. Ribbon awarded for his enthusiastic and repeated support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 11th Apr 2010
Wed 19-Dec-12 09:15 PM | edited Wed 19-Dec-12 09:16 PM by quenton8

I have used three (3) printers
- cheap Canon
- cheap Epson
- Epson 2880

The canon worked well, no serious ink problems. The cheap epson was nothing but trouble, constantly having to run the cleaning process and using way too much ink for nothing.

The cheap canon and epson produced "ok" photos, but both used dye-based inks, and both had ink-run problems even weeks after printing.

Based on advice from this forum, I purchased the 2880 and in coming up 2 years have had no problems of any kind. If I were purchasing now it might be the 3000 which uses larger ink cartridges, but the 2880 has been great and only cost me $400 (with end of life mail-in-rebate).

I constantly get comments about "great prints" and "where did you get the done", which I never got with the cheaper printers.

I print at home because I can, because I can have it "now" and because its fun, and because I hate walking around the big stores that do printing locally!

----
Dennis Smith.

A general, generic topic New Printer Advice [View all] , Fortkentdad , Tue 18-Dec-12 10:54 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: New Printer Advice