Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Epson 3880 Auto Power Off

esantos

McAllen, US
13230 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Epson 3880 Auto Power Off"

esantos Moderator Nikonians Resources Writer. Recognized for his outstanding reviews on printers and printing articles. Awarded for his high level of expertise in various areas, including Landscape Photography Awarded for his extraordinary accomplishments in Landscape Photography. His work has been exhibited at the Smithsonian. Nikonian since 10th Nov 2002
Mon 03-Dec-12 04:17 PM

Brian,

Glad to hear all is well now. I have a separate question for you regarding networked printing. I have three printers attached to my network - all Epsons, a 9900, 4900, and 3880. Each one of these has the same problem. If the printer is not used for a week or two it often gets knocked off the network. In other words when I turn it on my Windows 7 PC does not see it, or it sees it as one of the other printers connected to the network. This requires that I delete the printer from the network and reinstall it. It really only takes a minute or so to re-establish the printer but it is annoying to say the least. While I have not contacted Epson on this issue I have tried researching this on the web and the recommendations there do not seem to solve the problem. Are you having this problem with your networked 3880? And if you have had this issue have you been able to resolve it?

Thanks!

Ernesto Santos
esartprints.com Ernesto Santos Photography
Get my new e-Book "Churches of Texas"

A topic tagged as having a question Epson 3880 Auto Power Off [View all] , stappy Gold Member , Wed 21-Nov-12 10:55 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Epson 3880 Auto Power Off