Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Breathing Color Optica One

Bump57

US
6898 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Breathing Color Optica One"

Bump57 Silver Member Awarded for his high skill level in Landscape and Nature Photography and willingness to share his learning experiences to help others. Donor Ribbon awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Laureate Ribbon awarded as a winner in a Nikonians Best of Images Annual Photo Contest Nikonian since 01st Apr 2007
Wed 14-Nov-12 01:32 AM

Thanks Ernesto for stating your opinion on this paper. I was hoping you liked it. I drove myself a little nutty with all the sample packs of paper I have been trying out the last month or so. What I have decided is to pick a single paper manufacture, make paper choices in terms of paper types I wanted to use and stick with one brand for a while and learn my choices well. The deciding factor for me in terms of manufactures came down to largest sheet size available i.e 17 x 25 between them. My un trained thought for now is all the papers of the same type (i.e Epson's VFA & BC's EV) from the different manufactures are pretty much the same with very little difference all be it some may have their little quirks as you say. From all the reading I have done on the OBA's of late they are not near as bad as they used to be and are holding brightness levels much longer then before with no ill effects. So as of now I am not to concerned as I once was when it comes to using papers with OBA's. This Optica One smooth fine art paper was the last of my choices in papers types which now are their Luster, Metallic, Elegance Velvet & the Optica One.

Thanks as always for your insight, you have been most helpful.

Click on image to view larger version

Scott Martin Sternberg

Scotts Fine Art

A general, generic topic Breathing Color Optica One [View all] , Bump57 Silver Member Awarded for his high skill level in Landscape and Nature Photography and willingness to share his learning experiences to help others. Donor Ribbon awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Laureate Ribbon awarded as a winner in a Nikonians Best of Images Annual Photo Contest , Tue 13-Nov-12 12:34 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Breathing Color Optica One
Reply message RE: Breathing Color Optica One