Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Paper choices, an update.............

Bump57

US
6898 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"Paper choices, an update............."

Bump57 Silver Member Awarded for his high skill level in Landscape and Nature Photography and willingness to share his learning experiences to help others. Donor Ribbon awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Laureate Ribbon awarded as a winner in a Nikonians Best of Images Annual Photo Contest Nikonian since 01st Apr 2007
Fri 02-Nov-12 01:07 PM

I received some wonderful news yesterday, well for me anyway as I like their paper. The other day I went to Breathing Colors web site to look something up. I then discovered by chance that they are now carrying their Elegance Velvet paper in a 17 x 25 size. I looked for others on the site in that size and noticed their Optica One had also had been updated to a 17 x 25. So I sent them an email with my thoughts and asked about others, specifically Luster & metallic. I told them I would be very interested in this size. This was their reply.

Dear Scott,

Thank you for your interest in Breathing Color.

We share your opinion about the sheet sizes and just added the 17"x25" size to our line this year. This size has been almost entirely excluded from the offering of most paper companies, though it is a much needed size for photographers.

I do expect that we will add these sizes to the photo paper line eventually, but it may take some time to roll these out. I would expect for them to be available in the early part of next year.

Best regards,

Adam Hill
Vice President of Sales
Breathing Color, Inc.
"Advanced Inkjet Media"

I know Red River carries this size but I really liked Breathing colors Elegance Velvet and wanted to use it but at the same time I didn't want to have papers form too many other manufactures, just seemed to complicate things for this printing newbie. So two thumbs up for Breathing Color in this regard.

Click on image to view larger version

Scott Martin Sternberg

Scotts Fine Art

A general, generic topic Paper choices, an update............. [View all] , Bump57 Silver Member Awarded for his high skill level in Landscape and Nature Photography and willingness to share his learning experiences to help others. Donor Ribbon awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Laureate Ribbon awarded as a winner in a Nikonians Best of Images Annual Photo Contest , Fri 02-Nov-12 12:07 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Paper choices, an update.............
Reply message RE: Paper choices, an update.............