Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Colormunki Photo?

kw_starling

UK
44 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"Colormunki Photo?"

kw_starling Registered since 13th Feb 2012
Fri 26-Oct-12 10:21 AM

I have a 21.5" iMac, running Mountain Lion and use NX 2 for my editing. I'm considering switching over to Lightroom because of ease of use of its UI. My printing is done on an elderly Canon ip5200. Until recently I used Canon inks and papers.

I've profiled the screen using a Huey but still tend to find that printing tends to be hit or miss, even before I tried 3rd party inks and yes, I realise that changing my inks does introduce a new set of variables.

I'm considering buying a device like a Colormunki Photo that can profile both monitor and printer but wonder if my own ignorance of printing issues is the problem.

Finally, member's comments on hardware profilers would be most welcome, e.g. is the Colormunki Photo a good buy.

Fred

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic Colormunki Photo? [View all] , kw_starling , Fri 26-Oct-12 08:21 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Colormunki Photo?