Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
Bump57

US
6898 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Epson R3880"

Bump57 Silver Member Awarded for his high skill level in Landscape and Nature Photography and willingness to share his learning experiences to help others. Donor Ribbon awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Laureate Ribbon awarded as a winner in a Nikonians Best of Images Annual Photo Contest Nikonian since 01st Apr 2007
Sun 15-Jul-12 05:24 PM

Thanks John for the info. This will be my first real endeavor into home printing. I am excited no doubt but unsure of how far I want to take it at this point. I even struggled in the jump form the 3000 to 3880 but I really wanted to be able to print at least 16" wide for 16 x 24 images since I have so many images that are in the DX format. That and the ink cartridges go from 25ml to 80ml. In terms of ink, you are right the jump between 80ml and 200ml is huge. On the other hand I really don't know how much printing I will do and surly don't want to have full 200ml cartridges just sitting. If this little endeavor turns out to be something I really enjoy and better yet produces a little income I will move up into a 24" printer for sure. Right now I have a wonderful print house that is not more then 20min away that I can use for anything larger if needed. They even let me in the back so I can tweak images and print small samples to get what I want. They are great to work with but can be a 3hr round trip, one of the biggest reasons for printing some stuff at home.

Click on image to view larger version

Scott Martin Sternberg

Scotts Fine Art

A topic tagged as having a question Epson R3880 [View all] , Bump57 Silver Member Awarded for his high skill level in Landscape and Nature Photography and willingness to share his learning experiences to help others. Donor Ribbon awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Laureate Ribbon awarded as a winner in a Nikonians Best of Images Annual Photo Contest , Sat 14-Jul-12 11:53 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Epson R3880