Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
wiselee2

Henderson, US
94 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Epson R3880"

wiselee2 Silver Member Nikonian since 04th Jan 2009
Sun 15-Jul-12 03:34 PM

I have the 3880 SW and have tried the Breathing Color papers with great success. I really like their Vibrance Luster paper, see: (http://www.breathingcolor.com/action/bc_shop/177/).

If I had to do it over, I wouldn't get the SW with all the various papers as they are not the size I want to use on a larger format printer. I have been buying some Breathing Color sample 20' roll papers and cutting to the desired length, then setting up the printer to Custom sizing. So far, the longest I have printed is 34 inches. I resize the photo using Photoshop. I use a RotaTrim cutter as it is critical to have a square cut to avoid paper skew. After cutting the desired length, I D roll the paper to take most of the curl out for easier paper feeding thru the Rear feed. I made a D roller out of some 2 3/4 inch PVC pipe and some white cotton cloth, but one can be purchased for @ $250! I suppose one could also cut the paper ahead of time and press it between some flat surfaces for a period of time. I let it set in the D roller for about 30 minutes.

Red River has some great papers up to 17 X 25 available plus 17" rolls. I found their Polar Pearl Metallic and Arctic Polar Gloss to be very good. It's a pity that Epson only provides 17 X 22 precut sizes.

See attachment for photo of my D roller.

Click on image to view larger version

Attachment#1 (jpg file)

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A topic tagged as having a question Epson R3880 [View all] , Bump57 Silver Member Awarded for his high skill level in Landscape and Nature Photography and willingness to share his learning experiences to help others. Donor Ribbon awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Laureate Ribbon awarded as a winner in a Nikonians Best of Images Annual Photo Contest , Sat 14-Jul-12 11:53 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Epson R3880