Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Good ole Epson R1800 Update

Bug

Michigan, US
237 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Good ole Epson R1800 Update"

Bug Gold Member Nikonian since 06th Mar 2007
Sun 15-Jul-12 03:57 AM

Hi Mick !!
#1). Based on my limited understanding of all this, when you suggest a clogging as a possible issue, are we talking about a CLOGGING within each of the color cartridge Nozzles or are talking about clogging in the head (heads)? Or can the nozzle and head both be clogged at the same time? In any case, I’m running the auto nozzle check and cleaning.
Seriously, I do run the Epson test lines and boxes over and over until the test page is may 98% good. The 98But got these missing color two or three weeks
All my ink cartridges (using now and backups) have always been purchased from Epson store online. And I’ve checking each cartridge for expiration dates nothing is 5 months.

#2 With regards to head alignment, I get an error message 50% of the time that says that I need to run the head alignment manually. I don’t use this printer very often because I’m always struggling with maintenance, cleaning, and alignment issues
One more clue, I made a shelving unit over the computer housing the computer, 24” monitor, and some software manuals. The Epson R1800 printer sets on the first shelf over the computer and dell 24” monitor.

Question: Since my printer sets directly over the top of my computer and monitor, can these RF or some kind magnet frequency interfere with my computer to printer communion.

Question: I also have small pair of Bose speakers on each side of the R1800 printer, Could the be a problem?

Click on image to view larger version

Attachment#1 (jpg file)

A general, generic topic Good ole Epson R1800 Update [View all] , Bug Gold Member , Sat 14-Jul-12 01:01 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Good ole Epson R1800 Update