Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Good ole Epson R1800 Update

Bug

Michigan, US
237 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"Good ole Epson R1800 Update"

Bug Gold Member Nikonian since 06th Mar 2007
Sat 14-Jul-12 03:01 AM | edited Sat 14-Jul-12 03:18 AM by Bug

Dear All
Since my retirement a few years ago, I have been able to focus more time on my love for the complete process of photography from photo, post editing, printing, then matting. The problem is that since my last film camera, Nikon N90 the whole world has changed!

The editing software from Nikon Capture NX2 was somewhat of a long learning curve and I really got hung up with the color management and printing issues. The Nikonian’s forum members have been very tolerant of my endless questions regarding my printing issues with my Epson R1800. I studied color management until it was making my eyes bleed. Ernesto suggested that I document my work flow process and look at a control study. (Outstanding advice!)

Late last spring, I took my Epson R1800 to an authorize Epson repair center. $85.00 and one week later, I was told that “no problem found” and they printed a color test page on plain paper that was perfect.
I began a control study with my Epson R1800 printer when I got home. I used a sample jpg file from windows sample pictures, (i.e. not my jpg) I used Windows photo viewer and windows color management. (Great print) then I use windows photo viewer and gave the Epson R1800 color management control (great print) then I moved to Nikon Capture NX2 print control, Print was a little less then great, but ok. Then I gave the Epson R1800 color management control, again print was good but not great.

A few months have now passed and I can’t get a good print to save my life. So what changed ? I’m suspicious that there was a conflict problem with windows vista, but I now have windows 7 32bit and also maybe with my Epson V700 scanner software. I had uninstalled the scanner software when I upgraded from windows vista to windows 7, however this was done before I took my R1800 to the Epson repair dealer.

I decided that I would run Epson Maintained cycles for head and nozzle cleaning + check, also head alignment until I used up all my ink, then trash my R1800 printer, Seriously I ran the head and nozzle cleaning for maybe 1hr and 12+ cycles, then head alignment (both manual and automatic) until I did not receive any error messages.
So… with all this said I would like to provide a few scanned sample print images for your review to see if you reach the same conclusions. I know that the printer has not been physically jarred since returning from the repair dealer.

Is there something I may be overlooking?

Can you see the lines through each jpg? these prints were scanned after printing today.

Thanks as always for your help!

This is one of my prints after the epson service dealer inspection

Click on image to view larger version

This is the lines I get all the time. Printer head alinement ?

I don't even know what this is ? Head Alinement?

Attachment#1 (jpg file)
Attachment#2 (jpg file)
Attachment#3 (jpg file)

A general, generic topic Good ole Epson R1800 Update [View all] , Bug Gold Member , Sat 14-Jul-12 01:01 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Good ole Epson R1800 Update