Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Paper Selections

blw

Richmond, US
28545 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to send message via AOL IM

"RE: Paper Selections"

blw Moderator Awarded for his high level of expertise in various areas Nikonian since 18th Jun 2004
Fri 13-Jul-12 11:05 AM

> I don't mind spending for quality when I get a shot I really like, but I am looking for something more economical while I am learning how to use PSE and the printer.

Unfortunately this is a bit like trying to learn how to play Fenway Park's Green Monster by playing left field in a minor league stadium. MUCH of what you need to learn is very explicitly about the interaction between your paper, your ink and your software. Using a different ink/paper combination will just delay your learning. My advice is to settle on some papers that you like, and then learn them with small prints to economize. You can do a bunch of 2x3's on an 8x10 page, for example.

_____
Brian... a bicoastal Nikonian and Team Member

My gallery is online. Comments and critique welcomed any time!

A general, generic topic Paper Selections [View all] , Patrick604 Silver Member , Thu 12-Jul-12 03:50 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Paper Selections