Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Printer that will handle HEAVY paper?

kj_fi

Vantaa, FI
326 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Printer that will handle HEAVY paper?"

kj_fi Silver Member Nikonian since 18th Jul 2007
Wed 11-Jul-12 03:39 PM

Hi,

I have a Canon Pro 9000 MkII and I like it. I think it was a good deal because it cost me only 300 euros (about $400). Pro 9500 would have been 200 or 300 euros more. I guess the ink cartridges could be larger than they are but of course, whether that is a problem depends on how much you print and how large the prints are.

The question of dye-based or pigment ink is important. So, check out what trouble you may have with pigment inks (drying or anything) or if the dye is not good enough (I think it is). Also, having to perform a flush procedure when changing between cartridges between color and B&W printing might be a nuisance (I don't know because I use dye-based inks).

For some reason, here in Finland getting all the ink cartrdiges has been a little difficult. Some colors are available in many shops but not all and I don't understand why a shop keeper would expect to sell only a subset of colors. Fortunately, a couple of more specialized shops seem to have all of them in stock.

One anecdotially mystic thing I have found with the printer is that while I shoot a lot of girls playing soccer (in grass fields) and our team used to have dark green shirts, the printer did not use much the green inks!

Best regards,
Kari

A topic tagged as having a question Printer that will handle HEAVY paper? [View all] , pastordcraig Gold Member , Thu 05-Jul-12 12:31 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Printer that will handle HEAVY paper?