Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Printer that will handle HEAVY paper?

barrywesthead

Kleinburg, CA
1333 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Printer that will handle HEAVY paper?"

barrywesthead Silver Member Awareded for his continued support of the Nikonians community, freely sharing his expertise, particularly in the areas of digital post processing and printing. Nikonian since 07th Nov 2006
Tue 10-Jul-12 12:44 PM

If you want to get down under $400. you might take a look at the Canon Pro9000.

My personal belief is that Epson produces better printers, particularly if you are a B&W aficionado but I have used several Canon Pro9000’s for desktop printing and have no complaints. I use the Pro9000 for the dye-based inks which are great for glossy literature but to not have the longevity of pigment based inks.

The Pro9000 will feed very heavy paper in manual front load mode but the manual load time is on the order of 30 seconds or so from memory.

All-in-all a real workhorse for the money.

Barry
http://art2printimages.com

A topic tagged as having a question Printer that will handle HEAVY paper? [View all] , pastordcraig Gold Member , Thu 05-Jul-12 12:31 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Printer that will handle HEAVY paper?