Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Very unusual color shift on Epson 2880 printer

Bert Shelton

Glenview, US
44 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"Very unusual color shift on Epson 2880 printer"

Bert Shelton Registered since 19th Jun 2012
Mon 25-Jun-12 05:21 PM

I have been using an Epson 2880 for a couple of years, getting excellent color fidelity on all my prints, using Epson Ultra Premium Luster paper, with the Epson paper profile and set on Relative Colorimetric, in conjunction with a profiled monitor. However, one recent print has me puzzled. It was of a "darkish sky-blue" painted outdoor sculpture of twirling metal ribbons, some sections in the sunlight and some in the shade. Those areas in the sun were the correct color in the print, but those in the shade were a dramatically erroneous mid to dark magenta. Changing the intent to Perceptual made litte difference. The monitor showed the correct blue colors. I have not had any problems since with images of other scenes. Can anyone please explain this phenomenon? Many thanks.

A topic tagged as having a question Very unusual color shift on Epson 2880 printer [View all] , Bert Shelton , Mon 25-Jun-12 03:21 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Very unusual color shift on Epson 2880 printer