Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Resolution for scanning color negatives?

blw

Richmond, US
28563 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to send message via AOL IM

"RE: Resolution for scanning color negatives?"

blw Moderator Awarded for his high level of expertise in various areas Nikonian since 18th Jun 2004
Thu 21-Jun-12 05:30 AM

I scan 35mm at 3200 dpi unless I am pretty impressed with the quality. In that case I scan at 6400 dpi.

> I ... was a little disappointed at the result on a 50" flat screen

I think that might have been the flat screen display. Unless it's a really new and expensive one, it has 1920x1200 or fewer pixels - that's 2mp. About the resolution of a big computer monitor (eg an Apple 27") except that the same data is spread across 50" instead of 27".

> It's just hard to tell without dragging out a projector

Most projectors are even lower resolution than that. Most are 1280x1024 or LOWER resolution... and there are still a pretty fair number of them around that are 800x600.

_____
Brian... a bicoastal Nikonian and Team Member

My gallery is online. Comments and critique welcomed any time!

A topic tagged as in need of help Resolution for scanning color negatives? [View all] , jujuby , Wed 20-Jun-12 11:23 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Resolution for scanning color negatives?