Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

iMac LCD screen doesn't match prints

elec164

US
2598 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: iMac LCD screen doesn't match prints"

elec164 Silver Member Nikonian since 15th Jan 2009
Wed 04-Apr-12 06:20 PM

>Good call on the color space Brian,

That is a good observation, but I don’t know that I would judge too much by the examples provided.

Reason I feel that way is that I see it as a WB issue more than actually showing a significant difference between the prints and monitor.

My thoughts are that you have two different light sources, the ambient room lighting and the monitor. It appears the room lighting was toward the warm end where LCD monitors have been backlit with fluorescents at about 6700K usually. The EXIF of the examples state the camera was in Auto-WB, as such it can only balance for one source or the other. And as noted by Scott, the hand seems a bit red’ish which would seem to indicate the camera set the WB for the monitor making the prints and hand warmer looking due to the lighting upon it. So the actual perceived difference by an observer on site might not see such a drastic difference.

If my rational went astray, I would appreciate a correction and any varying opinions.

Pete

Pete

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic iMac LCD screen doesn't match prints [View all] , Sportymonk , Tue 03-Apr-12 02:35 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: iMac LCD screen doesn't match prints