Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

iMac LCD screen doesn't match prints

Bump57

US
6898 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: iMac LCD screen doesn't match prints"

Bump57 Silver Member Awarded for his high skill level in Landscape and Nature Photography and willingness to share his learning experiences to help others. Donor Ribbon awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Laureate Ribbon awarded as a winner in a Nikonians Best of Images Annual Photo Contest Nikonian since 01st Apr 2007
Wed 04-Apr-12 03:16 AM | edited Wed 04-Apr-12 03:23 AM by Bump57

Greetings Lee,

What you are trying to do can be very frustrating at the very least, I'm sure many of us here have been down this road! There are just too many variables right down to the color of your walls. At first from the images you posted I thought for sure there must be a problem somewhere as all the images you are showing us while in your hand have a very strong color cast. Your hand however shows the very same reddish orange color cast so now I am not so sure. I hold up images on my monitor form time to time and mine are pretty darn close when it comes to color & white balance. Whats usually off is the brightness, I keep my workspace a little on the dim side. If I still think there is a problem I will take the print over to a window in some sunlight. My gut tells me what you have here are to things going on. One is I think your profile might be slightly off as what you are showing us here is quite a bit different. Two the lighting/color temp in your workspace seems much different then what you have your screen set to. The images I see on your monitor seem a touch cool on this end but otherwise not bad. If you would like I can maybe at least verify what's on your monitor is at least close if you would send me one or two of the images shown here. The other thing you might want to do is check the actual color temp of the so called Daylight bulbs you have. I say this because I went through the same thing a few year ago with the so call Daylight bulbs. I found the ranged in color temp anywhere form 2700k to 6750k. I played around with different color temp bulbs until I found a color temp that worked well for my work space and gave me the best print to screen match. For my work space which has med color stained wood walls 5000k was the best color temp for me.

To send pictures scott@ motionpicturesphotography .com

P.S How do your images look out side in daylight? Do they have that same reddish color cast?

Click on image to view larger version

Scott Martin Sternberg

Scotts Fine Art

A general, generic topic iMac LCD screen doesn't match prints [View all] , Sportymonk , Tue 03-Apr-12 02:35 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: iMac LCD screen doesn't match prints