Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

R3000 ink nightmare!

Beemer2

UK
2821 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"R3000 ink nightmare!"

Beemer2 Silver Member Nikonian since 07th Dec 2006
Mon 26-Mar-12 08:09 AM | edited Mon 26-Mar-12 08:11 AM by Beemer2

I have only recently started to use pigment ink as my previous printer used dye ink. Yesterday I loaded a dozen 4x6 pages into my R3000, which is in another room, and from Lightroom started printing all twelve.

The first error came when a message flashed up on my computer saying that one of the nine cartridges was empty. "Impossible" I thought as the printer had been showing all levels okay the previous day. When I checked the printer it was showing a message that said paper jam. What had happened is that the sliding guide was to tight and the pages were not feeding. Fixed that and hit the print button and I then walked away. The out of ink message had disappeared.

After I had printed all twelve images I went to the printer and was horrified to see a pile of soaking wet horribly smudged photographs. I thought "oh dear (well actually a little less delicate words!) my new printer has died".

A few seconds later "the penny dropped" and I realised that I had inserted all sheets the wrong side up! With dye based prints all that used to happen was the image printed very dull but now with pigment ink it is a very unpleasant experience.

The reason it happened was because after my previous printing session I had removed all sheets and placed them face down on the printer top so that dust would not settle on the face. On picking up the sheets I had inserted them without turning them over. Of course I should have been feeling for the gloss side but if I had been using matt paper the risk would have been greater.

I have learned my lesson as had this been A3 prints instead of 4x6 there would have been multi coloured ink drops all over my cream carpet!

Ian

If only Mozart had had a camera

A general, generic topic R3000 ink nightmare! [View all] , Beemer2 Silver Member , Mon 26-Mar-12 06:09 AM