Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Just received my Epson R2000...... New to home printing...

esantos

McAllen, US
13233 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Just received my Epson R2000...... New to home printing Any Suggestions ?"

esantos Moderator Nikonians Resources Writer. Recognized for his outstanding reviews on printers and printing articles. Awarded for his high level of expertise in various areas, including Landscape Photography Awarded for his extraordinary accomplishments in Landscape Photography. His work has been exhibited at the Smithsonian. Nikonian since 10th Nov 2002
Sat 24-Mar-12 04:20 PM

Hello Jeff,

Congratulations on your new R2000.

You should be ready to go from the information you have listed in your post. You will not need to profile your printer (calibration is not possible with this printer) and the Spyder Express should do fine calibrating and profiling your display. Epson provides outstanding ICC paper profiles for their printers so you will not need to generate your own profiles. The install CD that came with your printer will install many of the paper profiles you will need for the compatible papers. If you do not find the profile you need already installed in your system then you can search the Epson website. Sometimes Epson provides improved profiles for the ones already installed on your system, if this is the case for the R2000 by all means download and install them and see if you see an improvement in print output.

I have no experience setting up the R2000 nor using a WiFi connection but it should be pretty easy. Epson usually provides very good instructions and their set up software is good too.

As far as tips and tricks you definitely want to follow a color managed print workflow. That means using your ICC paper profiles with the proper image editing software print command settings and Epson printer driver settings. Make sure you apply color management only once in your print workflow (most people do it in the editing software print command, but it can alternately be applied in the printer driver), use the best Rendering Intent (Relative Colorimetric is usually the best choice but you can also try Perceptual), and use the correct Media Type setting in the printer driver that corresponds to the type of paper you are using. These are the three most important things to get right. If you do use a color managed workflow you do not want to be making adjustments to color or tone in the printer driver on the fly. This will only complicate things and truly they are not compatible. A good paper profile, a well calibrated/profiled display, and following a simple color managed print workflow is all that is needed.

Ernesto Santos
esartprints.com Ernesto Santos Photography
Get my new e-Book "Churches of Texas"

A general, generic topic Just received my Epson R2000...... New to home printing... [View all] , Punky Gold Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 , Fri 23-Mar-12 11:23 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Just received my Epson R2000...... New to home prin...
Reply message RE: Just received my Epson R2000...... New to home prin...