Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Color management and color calibration tool

esantos

McAllen, US
13265 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Color management and color calibration tool"

esantos Moderator Nikonians Resources Writer. Recognized for his outstanding reviews on printers and printing articles. Awarded for his high level of expertise in various areas, including Landscape Photography Awarded for his extraordinary accomplishments in Landscape Photography. His work has been exhibited at the Smithsonian. Nikonian since 10th Nov 2002
Fri 23-Mar-12 03:05 PM | edited Fri 23-Mar-12 03:06 PM by esantos

Hi Joseph,

Absolutely, I think a calibration/profiling system is a good idea no matter your skill level if you are going to be printing your images and sharing them on the web and with family/friends. This is especially true if you shoot people subjects since getting the skin tones correct can be difficult without a calibrated monitor.

There are a number of systems that are reasonably priced. I particularly like the products from X-Rite like the i1 Display and ColoMunki systems.

Ernesto Santos
esartprints.com Ernesto Santos Photography
Get my new e-Book "Churches of Texas"

A general, generic topic Color management and color calibration tool [View all] , JKFuller , Fri 23-Mar-12 01:18 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Color management and color calibration tool
Reply message RE: Color management and color calibration tool