Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
henbo

Tistrup, DK
1809 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Scanner speed"

henbo Silver Member Nikonian since 03rd Oct 2004
Sat 24-Mar-12 11:49 AM

Hi Ian,

I would assume that the time the manufacturer states would usually be per frame/image. But maybe more important to know is that the time stated often is without applying any settings to the image. And applying settings can increase the time considerably. Making a preview first also adds up.

In general I find scanning is very time consuming. I have used a Nikon Coolscan V for a couple of years, and with that particular scanner I usually scan 4-7 images per hour when applying settings and doing adjustments in the scanner program (Nikon Scan). If I only do minor adjustments I scan up to 10-12 images per hour.

I have recently started using an Epson V750, but I have only scanned a few images until now, so I haven't had the chance to compare the scanning times with my old results, which was done with another PC.

Henning

My Nikonians gallery:
Landscape | Wildlife | Macro | Portrait | Sport
Travel: | Greenland | Iceland |

A general, generic topic Scanner speed [View all] , Beemer2 Silver Member , Thu 22-Mar-12 08:04 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Scanner speed