Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

white point question

quenton8

Toronto, CA
1445 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: white point question"

quenton8 Silver Member Awarded for bringing his experience to the Nikonians community helping members with printing and the use of post-processing software from the perspective of an IT professional. Ribbon awarded for his enthusiastic and repeated support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 11th Apr 2010
Thu 22-Mar-12 11:17 PM

Spyder3Pro should be able to handle the brightness to some extent.

When I calibrate with mine, I ...

• do a reset on the monitor
  • set brightness and contrast to mid-point on the sliders
  • set the spyder3 starting values to the defaults, even if they are not what it suggests
  • it goes for a minute or so and then asks you do adjust the brightness. It tells you want it wants and what it would like.
  • If you have a brightness slider, turn it up or down and press "Update" to re-sample and try again.
  • if you don't have a brightness slider (most monitors do), then just do "Continue" and Spyder3 will do its best to adjust the brightness in the profile to match what it would like

The rest is up to spyder3

I have found it to be pretty good, even on a cheap LG monitor I used to use.

I just replaced that with an ASUS IPS monitor, for $500 and I really like it, but the old LG under control of the spyder3 was really pretty good.

----
Dennis Smith.

A topic tagged as having a question white point question [View all] , moses1945 , Wed 21-Mar-12 06:45 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: white point question