Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

A few questions on i1 display pro (windows 7)

spicyTuna

San jose, US
75 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"A few questions on i1 display pro (windows 7)"

spicyTuna Registered since 26th Jun 2008
Mon 19-Mar-12 07:16 PM

I just bought the i1 display pro (windows 7 64 bit), (upgraded from an old Spyder 2 pro), but not sure if the calibrated color profile is loading.

Compared with my old spyder, the software would load at start up and you could see the color profile load because the screen brightness and colors would change after it loaded the calibrated color profile. Before installing the i1, I uninstalled the spyder software. I then installed the i1 profiler (downloaded the latest version from the web), I ran the calibration, created and saved the profile, then rebooted my PC to make sure it was loading the new calibrated profile. Unlike my spyder, I don't see any change in the brightness/colors when windows loads. When I check my color management settings in windows, I can see that it has selected as default the new color profile created in i1 profiler. So I'm guessing this is working as designed?

So basically:

1. Does the i1 load the color profile using the windows color management or does it have it's own color management profile loader that loads when windows starts?

2. When re-calibrating, after calibration completes and it displays the sample images with the before and after, should I see a difference assuming I run back to back calibrations? My guess is that the "before" is the previous calibration and the "after" is the new calibration which is basically the same since I ran them back to back.

Thanks.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A topic tagged as having a question A few questions on i1 display pro (windows 7) [View all] , spicyTuna , Mon 19-Mar-12 06:16 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: A few questions on i1 display pro (windows 7)
Reply message RE: A few questions on i1 display pro (windows 7)