Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Decent inexpensive photo printer

quenton8

Toronto, CA
1445 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Decent inexpensive photo printer"

quenton8 Silver Member Awarded for bringing his experience to the Nikonians community helping members with printing and the use of post-processing software from the perspective of an IT professional. Ribbon awarded for his enthusiastic and repeated support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 11th Apr 2010
Mon 19-Mar-12 07:26 PM

I wanted to keep the cost down too. I worried and worried -- I finally got my wife to give me a printer for my birthday which up'ed my budget to maybe $200 -- then I cheated -- I got the 2880 at the end of its life when it was both lower priced and had a $200 rebate -- so $499. Yes, that IS more than my $200 -- but now even my wife says "what a difference".

I expect the printer to last me at least 5 or 6 years and I no longer regret the outlay.

On the other hand, I pay a bit more for ink than the newer R3000, but there you are looking at $699 to $899.

So above your budget? it was WAY! above mine -- I was using a $70 canon before that. Better? easier to use? wider? yes to all -- my wife now says it was the right choice.

My 2 cents!

----
Dennis Smith.

A general, generic topic Decent inexpensive photo printer [View all] , Papa Smurf , Mon 12-Mar-12 05:59 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Decent inexpensive photo printer