Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

New R3000 ink purging

Luke_Miller

Rural Virginia, US
1761 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: New R3000 ink purging"

Luke_Miller Silver Member Nikonian since 19th Apr 2006
Tue 13-Mar-12 11:36 AM

I have the R3000 and initially experienced the same situation. There is a maintenance cyle the printer goes through and I was told by Epson that it is important to have the printer connected directly to a wall connection rather than a power strip shared with other devices. As I understand it the other devices can potentially "confuse" the R3000 and cause it to go through its maintenance cycle prematurely. Once I changed the power connection the issue went away. I get the impression (just conjecture on my part) that the complete purging of air from the ink tubes after installing the cartridges for the first time in a new printer may take a few cycles of purging. Certainly my initial cartridge install took a lot more purging than any of the replacement cartridges later.

Places We Have Been

www.peppermill-multimedia.com

A general, generic topic New R3000 ink purging [View all] , Beemer2 Silver Member , Mon 12-Mar-12 04:45 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: New R3000 ink purging