Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Inexpensive and nice stock frames

kmh

Los Alamos, US
134 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Inexpensive and nice stock frames"

kmh Silver Member Nikonian since 04th May 2008
Thu 05-Apr-12 03:25 AM

For several years, I have been getting my frames from FrameDestination, which someone else already mentioned. They have low prices and shipping is relatively inexpensive. A big plus is their very attentive customer relations people; they have called me on the occasions when I forget to specify "no points" for a frame because they noticed that is the way I usually order them.

They will make any size you want for a small set-up fee, including frames, mats, and glazing. For a long time, FD just offered fairly simple black wood and metal frames, but now has some fancier frames at reasonable prices. I especially like their simple stained wood frames for many of my prints.

FD provides online instructions on how to mount photos using hanging tissues and most everything you need to know to frame your prints.

I prefer to use 3M's 568 Repositionable Adhesive to mount my photos to GatorFoam so they don't develop waves and then spray them with PremierArt Print Shield so they don't need to be covered with glazing, but that is another story; Frame Destination does not provide any information about that.

Cheers,
Ken Hanson

My gallery

A topic tagged as having a question Inexpensive and nice stock frames [View all] , dgs2 Silver Member , Fri 02-Mar-12 10:56 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Inexpensive and nice stock frames