Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

PhotoMechanic Whys?? And Then What? (new to PP)

Bravozulu

Los Angeles, US
762 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: PhotoMechanic Whys?? And Then What? (new to PP)"

Bravozulu Registered since 04th Jun 2012
Sat 26-Jan-13 02:03 AM

This question partially applies to any image filing system, but I wonder how PhotoMechanic would aid. The friend who gave me the demo shoots the equivalent of a large wedding every workday. He shoots stills on sound stages in the movie industry and his images are used for marketing and distributed to all fan magazines and People, Enquirer.

So, he is faced with a deluge of files. Since they don't pay him for his time at home on the computer, he does little correction work. Maybe just a bit of contrast/sharpness/exposure modification.

He placed a lot of stock in the ability of PM to tag and add keywords, so he could later find a sought after shot. I wondered how he kept afloat in this mass of images. Does this tagging and keyword put some structure to the filing of images so that you can locate that one important shot amongst others?

I want to approach PP at the outset with a filing system in mind. I just read today that first thread in the PP forums of Nikonians, the one written in 2008 which suggests folders by year and then subfolders by subject MM/DD/YY to archive stuff. Is that the state of the art as far as systematic filing and retrieving, or does PM make it easier? How does it impose order on your archives?

And even before I get my iMac and buy the PM and Capture software, I'll start browsing around in the PM forum. I didn't know one existed until someone mentioned it here.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

This is a hot, active topic! PhotoMechanic Whys?? And Then What? (new to PP) [View all] , Bravozulu , Thu 24-Jan-13 03:55 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: PhotoMechanic Whys?? And Then What? (new to PP)
                              Reply message When is the test?
                                   Reply message RE: When is the test?
                                        Reply message Update
                                             Reply message RE: Update