Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Question re: DXO OpticsPro7 and LR4 Workflow

GiantTristan

Stamford, US
2690 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Question re: DXO OpticsPro7 and LR4 Workflow"

GiantTristan Silver Member Nikonian since 08th Jan 2006
Tue 05-Jun-12 02:38 PM

Chris - The pictures in a "Project" remain as you have last changed them in the "Customize" tab and can be accessed when you open the particular Project, no need to process first. You might only want to back up when you want to delete a project. The backed up Project files are NOT NEF files, the NEF files are irreversibly altered/lost during de-mosaicing and lens correction. You are now dealing with another type of files with the extension *.opdb ; I believe these only work within DxO.

I have never bothered with sidecar files. I only know these are in .dop format which is different from the sidecar format used in LR that contains the meta data for each picture. In principle, the DxO sidecar files should contain all the alterations made to obtain a particular JPEG. You might want to contact DxO customer service to find out, whether these can be opened in LR.

Tristan

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic Question re: DXO OpticsPro7 and LR4 Workflow [View all] , chroaz Silver Member , Sun 03-Jun-12 05:06 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Question re: DXO OpticsPro7 and LR4 Workflow