Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Capture NX2 - could not save file

briantilley

Paignton, UK
30235 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Capture NX2 - could not save file"

briantilley Gold Member Deep knowledge of bodies and lens; high level photography skills Donor Ribbon awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 26th Jan 2003
Thu 12-Nov-09 10:35 PM | edited Thu 12-Nov-09 10:38 PM by briantilley

Well, this is getting most odd. First, a bit more background...

I migrated to a new PC running Vista 32 bit earlier this year. Prior to that, my old PC was running XP. On the old PC (for various reasons) I used only PSE4 for post-processing. All my image files on the old machine were copied to the internal hard disk using a card reader, ingested into the PSE4 catalogue, and had keywords added. Every file, whether edited or not, was re-written to the internal hard disk by PSE4, then backed-up using XP to an external hard disk.

When I migrated PC's, I copied the folder structure and all image files from the external hard disk to the new machine's internal hard disk. Now I'm running only View NX and Capture NX2, so I didn't migrate the PSE4 catalogue across.

Anyway, whilst playing around and trying different things, I have just found that, if I open one of the same D2Xs files in ViewNX, either add a new keyword or delete an existing keyword, then open the file in Capture NX2, NX2 will save it as normal

I don't understand why doing that with the keywords makes a difference, nor do I understand why files from my other cameras (which all had keywords too) don't seem to suffer the same problem.

So I guess I have a usable workaround, but if anyone has a bright idea about what might be going on and why, I'd love to hear it...!

Thanks again.

Brian
Welsh Nikonian

A general, generic topic Capture NX2 - could not save file [View all] , briantilley Gold Member Deep knowledge of bodies and lens; high level photography skills Donor Ribbon awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 , Thu 12-Nov-09 01:55 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Capture NX2 - could not save file