Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Law Enforcement Helicopter Images: Late Afternoon and ...

HBB

Phoenix, US
8773 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Law Enforcement Helicopter Images: Late Afternoon and Night ..."

HBB Moderator Hal is an expert in several areas, including CLS Awarded for his excellent article contributions to the Resources. Donor Ribbon awarded for his very generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2015 Charter Member
Mon 26-Mar-12 08:47 PM

Neil:

Many thanks for your delightful, thought provoking addition to this thread.

I'm beginning to suspect we share a common trait: Pursuing randomly occurring subjects of interest until we have explored them from several perspectives. As mentioned elsewhere in this thread, I tell people I do it to try and stay mentally alert (snicker, snicker ... ). What is your excuse?

You got me started thinking about a number of earlier helicopter images of mine, so I explored a few to see if I could draw any conclusions and correlations with your observations in this thread. See new thread here with discussion of each image and some tentative conclusions that fit well with your material here.

As mentioned earlier, I hope to obtain some real shaft rotation speed and rotor blade length figures during my next mission. Then, we can summarize the equations in their most concise form and carry them around in our heads, ready for use in a moments notice. Mental arithmetic is another thing I do to try and stay sharp.

I do shoot helicopters on the ground as well as hovering close to ground level, but much closer than I would be during air-to-air sessions. See image number 1 in the new thread.

Thanks again Neil for a wonderful addition to this discussion.

Regards,

HBB in Phoenix, Arizona
Nikonian Team Member

Photography is a journey with no conceivable destination.

This is a hot, active topic! Law Enforcement Helicopter Images: Late Afternoon and ... [View all] , HBB Moderator Hal is an expert in several areas, including CLS Awarded for his excellent article contributions to the Resources. Donor Ribbon awarded for his very generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2015 , Sun 18-Mar-12 12:11 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Law Enforcement Helicopter Images: Late Afternoon ...