Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Aperture, Shutter, ISO, and Illumination Relationships

spootdad

Portage, US
730 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Aperture, Shutter, ISO, and Illumination Relationships"

spootdad Registered since 27th Dec 2006
Sun 25-Sep-11 12:14 AM

Very interesting Hal. I like the "cue card" and this formula, although I do have two questions:
Concerning

"K = Metering Constant: = 12.5 for some reflected metering systems."

I assume that your comment means that K is industry dependent so not the same for Nikon as for Canon, and so on (I don't think you were referring to hand-held meters, although
I may be wrong). So, a) Where would you look to find this value for one brand vs another, and b) Is it reasonable to expect that it is essentially constant across the different cameras in a company's lineup?
Actually, a third question: Is this K determined from the physics of the problem or from another source?
Lee
From the rocking of the cradle to the rolling of the hearse, the going up was worth the coming down

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

This is a hot, active topic! Aperture, Shutter, ISO, and Illumination Relationships [View all] , HBB Moderator Hal is an expert in several areas, including CLS Awarded for his excellent article contributions to the Resources. Donor Ribbon awarded for his very generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2015 , Thu 08-Sep-11 10:01 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Aperture, Shutter, ISO, and Illumination Relationsh...