Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

changing times... good or bad?

f5fstop

Private, UM
2947 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Re: "Changing times... good or bad?""

f5fstop Awarded for his contributions to the Resources Basic Member
Thu 21-Sep-00 09:47 AM

LAST EDITED ON Sep-21-00 AT 12:29 PM (GMT)

LAST EDITED ON Sep-21-00 AT 12:26 PM (GMT)

"A pro just needs to get a large number of well-enough-exposed, well-enough-focused pictures." REALLY

"And, sirs, the fault is yours." I hope so, since Nikon is producing exactly what I want.

Why are you constantly bashing Nikon and the newer Nikon products? It certainly appears to me that you are. Now, this is totally my opinion, not because I'm a moderator or because I own a Nikon,it's just a feeling I have from reading your messages.
I have many photos taken at F/2.8 (where DOF is only a dream), in AF mode, with an N70, N90s, F100 and F5 and the greater majority of them have turned out to be sharp. This is with either Nikkor and/or Tokina AT-X lenses. Why do you insist on implying Nikon AF does not operate that well?
("They even admitted,when asked about AF accuracy vs. manual, that "how to obtain the best esolution... is quite partial and extreme for the evaluation of the company".")
Many features developed by a corporation for a product are extremely hard to evaluate. In autos, ride quality, steering handling, acceleration are all subjective measures. The customer will evaluate and let you know, through sales whether or not you have it correct.
If you feel that what a company has not manufactured what you want or require, you can always purchase another comparable product from another manufacturer (in most cases).
Getting back to the original subject, if you do not like change, you will be left behind, for change will always be taking place. Whether or not it is for the best depends on you, or whether or not you like it, it will always happen.
I do understand that you will get the last word in on this subject, even if it requires going into another topic and expressing it, so go at it. I personally will not enter this topic site from this day forward. It was a great topic; however, it somehow went from "Change" to Nikon bashing and I don't need this. Al started this topic here because of some discussion on metal versus plastic bodies in the Bodies forum, yet, that discussion on the F100 was drawn over to this discussion.

So, have a great day,
DD

"Take only photographs, leave only footprints"

Click on image to view larger version

This is a hot, active topic! changing times... good or bad? [View all] , f8bthere Awarded for his contributions to the Resources , Fri 15-Sep-00 12:23 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: changing times... good or bad?
Reply message this site is very civil
Reply message ...good or bad? Both.
Reply message piano analogy
Reply message Re: "Changing times... good or bad?"
Reply message RE: Re: "Changing times... good or bad?"
                                                  Reply message a tip of the hat
                                                  Reply message RE: a tip of the hat
                                                  Reply message RE: On Change