Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Uh oh, I feel a relapse coming on

mbowker64

Lansing, US
366 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"Uh oh, I feel a relapse coming on"

mbowker64 Basic Member
Sat 04-Aug-01 05:14 PM

I need my sponsor, JRP, where are you. I made the mistake of picing up a F100 at the camera shop the other day. I'd never handled one before because I thought it was too expensive for me to get back into photography with. But, you see, I was in a shop the other day, just looking around. It was a new shop that I'd never been in before, and there it was, in the front of the case with a 28-105 on it. At first, I just glanced over it and the other things in the case, but my eye came back to it. I looked at it for a moment and then dismissed it. Just too expensive. $1299. for just the body. Then, just as I was moving to the next case, I swear that thing winked at me. I couldn't stand it any longer. the sales girl, almost knowingly, asked if there was anything I would like to see (I then thought to myself about what a loaded question that was). Then I said it, "Let me see that F100" Oh my, deep down I knew that I was creating a situation for myself, but I just couldn't help it.

I held that F100 and looked it over. I peeked thru the viewfinder, put the center af detector on the sales girl and focused. WOW! that was fast, much faster than my N80. Let's try that rack over there. ZIP! just as fast. Okay, how about something out the open door. ZING! Oooooh I'm getting shivers now and breaking into a sweat. I could feel the heat of my Visa card starting to eminate from my wallet.I then thanked her and had to hand it back to her and slowly step away from the counter. I told my daughter, who was with me, that we had to go. We got into the truck and I drove away, fast.

Now, everytime I'm at the mall, I stop at Ritz and just stare at the F100. Whenever I drive by a camera shop, I start to feel a little woozy and have to fight my truck as it feels as if it has a mind of it's own and it is trying to pull into the camera shop parking lot.

What to do, what to do. I know that buying the F100 isn't going to make a better photographer. (or will it?) I'm sure I can live without the F100 and get by with my N80, I think.

I'm just so confused............

Mike

"Faith is the daring of the soul to go farther than it can see"
-William Newton Clark

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

This is a hot, active topic! Uh oh, I feel a relapse coming on [View all] , mbowker64 , Sat 04-Aug-01 03:14 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Uh oh, I feel a relapse coming on