Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Australia...Australia..Surely a few Nikonians in Austra...

tomoliver

Brisbane, AU
50 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Australia...Australia..Surely a few Nikonians in Australia?"

tomoliver Registered since 06th Nov 2007
Thu 29-Mar-12 06:27 AM

Hi John,

I'm late to the post, but I notice the most recent response is 12 March 2012 so I'll jump in. I live in Brisbane and my area of interest is bird photography. I used to be a regular reader and contributor of posts, but over the past 12 months I've been on a national committee helping to merge PhotoBOCA and Birds Australia into a national bird photography group called BirdLife Australia Photography.

I'm also the Moderator for BirdLife Southern Queensland Photography, which will be a "stand alone" branch within the branch network. As you see my time has been taken up considerably by other duties.

I will be travelling down to Gluepot Reserve, which is near Renmark SA, next month and expect to be on the road for about 3-4 weeks. If anyone is interested in catching up for some bird photography on the way, let me know.

But back to the main point. This topic has bounced around for a long time and, until someone puts their hand up to own the issue, it will keep on bouncing around. Surely Nikonians in their respective towns/cities can get together? It does not have to be a national group to start with.

If the enthusiasm is there, the group will grow. You could start with a Skype hook-up or short newsletter to "test the water". Don't die wondering!

I've just renewed my Nikonians membership for another 2 years, well worth the money and I just couldn't help having a bit of a rant. My apologies.

Tom Oliver

Tom

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

This is a hot, active topic! Australia...Australia..Surely a few Nikonians in Austra... [View all] , ozzy1 , Tue 17-May-11 09:30 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Australia...Australia..Surely a few Nikonians in Au...