Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Lens Question for Birds in Flight

Bump57

US
6898 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Lens Question for Birds in Flight"

Bump57 Silver Member Awarded for his high skill level in Landscape and Nature Photography and willingness to share his learning experiences to help others. Donor Ribbon awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Laureate Ribbon awarded as a winner in a Nikonians Best of Images Annual Photo Contest Nikonian since 01st Apr 2007
Fri 25-Jan-13 01:37 PM

Larry,

I shoot with a D800 and the Sigma 150-500. In terms of image quality & high ISO performance from what I read there is not much difference from the D700 to the D800 in this regard. I can't confirm this I have never shot with a D700. I am very pleased with the combo I am now using, I came from a D300 & 200-400 combo. Here is a thread I posted a few weeks ago with some images from the new combo. IMO the most important thing in capturing excellent images of birds in flight is enough light & being close enough to fill at least 1/3 of the frame.

https://www.nikonians.org/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=161&topic_id=149973&mesg_id=149973&page=

Click on image to view larger version

Scott Martin Sternberg

Scotts Fine Art

A general, generic topic Lens Question for Birds in Flight [View all] , Blufox , Wed 23-Jan-13 10:48 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Lens Question for Birds in Flight