Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Olympus 12-50 distortion

Replytoken

Seattle, US
1227 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Olympus 12-50 distortion"

Replytoken Registered since 08th Mar 2008
Sun 13-Jan-13 02:53 AM

Fred,

Did you shoot Raw or Jpeg? Oly and Pany m4/3rd's bodies do a lot of in-body correction when outputting jpeg files (although I am not certain about distortion). If you shoot raw and post-process in programs like Lightroom, you may have to manually correct some things. That said, I do not have this particular lens, so I cannot give you any personal feedback. Also note that corrections do not occur when cross-mounting Pany and Oly lenses (if you have any Pany lenses or bodies). They share the same mount and electronics, but the "special sauce" of corrections is still kept under wraps.

Enjoy your OMD!

--Ken

A topic tagged as having a question Olympus 12-50 distortion [View all] , Fred Fiedler Silver Member , Sat 12-Jan-13 07:36 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Olympus 12-50 distortion