Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Bronica GS-1 (6X7,120) and PG 50mm wide angle...

Larry E30

US
3540 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Bronica GS-1 (6X7,120) and PG 50mm wide angle..."

Larry E30 Silver Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 27th May 2009
Fri 15-Feb-13 09:11 PM | edited Sat 16-Feb-13 01:22 AM by Larry E30

This thread was a little old ; but ;I'll GLADY reply

Timing is actually great...

Guess I'm a buying and selling nut.

Now I have 2 awesome P+S outfits.

But ; here's the best(for me,and why)

Bag behind my back,two cameras a hanging;

1) is my dream camera set up - Panasonic GH1 with 7-14mm stayed on the body.This handles all my super-duper wide stuff.(No lens changing,cameras READY to shoot,two fairly light/small (cameras).

2),hanging along side #1 = my Canon SX 40 HS.W/image stablization ;this camera handles(for my needs)FX eqv. of 24-840mm.
Camera #1 handles ANYTHING wider (save round image).

Both 1 and 2 Have full swivel screen,and I have a thin,light,delux bag,to carry Cameras and batteries etc. hanging behind me.

Sure ,quality wise, my D5100 outfit,with full aray of lenses,will produce better...but;#1 and #2 do awesome enough for the joy of photography I like to do,and what I like to produce;'shows with music'.

I do almost zero printing.
Do note; each person/photographer has their own wants and needs.

Mine is fun,convenence,fast/ready,and hopefully shockingly good/art type photography.

2nd P+S outfit = Nikon Coolpix 8400 w/wide Nikonglass converter...for FX eqv. 17-28mm...again -NO LENS CHANGING second camera in this set up,is now my P7000 - FX eqv. 28-200mm

I think much of the real photography is what is produced,and how it is presented.
I almost sold my D5100 outfit,after the first day of useing my Panasonic GH1w7-14...because married to the Canon SX 40 can handle about all.I realize the canon SX 40 ; is bearly making the cut,but honestly,I been happy with the results.

My D5100,not one bid on.New = $2800.00 (because of the lens asortment)I was selling-great condition for $1500.00
BUT - NOW I'M KEEPING IT.!

Why would I go P+S over DSLR ? ; All together-not as clumsy,READY to shoot-no lens changing,I was born and grew up on P+S's-I came into my own in P+S.
Sure DSLR outfit = wow results.Oh,maybe it's that fast swivel shooting,though my GH1 is a little slower.But what(swivel) love.
;
I feel more free.More ready and egar.

And mind you D5100 is a fairly small outfit...heavyer/larger than that for me,...takes from the fun of it...

And I have had some BIG CLUMSY CAMERAS in my day; Mamiya super 23 ,with those big backs,jumbo lenses;I had the 250mm f5
Also
I had Pentax 6x7 with like 4 lenses...and quite a few other outfits.

My delux P+S outfit is ; GH1/7-14 , SX 40

There is so much out there ... equipment is fun...but more an (artist) tool

Which ever tool you have...; I like useing mine to the art there of.

Maybe lens changing is a downer for me - or - maybe swwivel is the love of my life....
who knows the ways of a photographer...?...!

Larry

https://www.flickr.com/photos/larry_e-30/sets/

A general, generic topic Bronica GS-1 (6X7,120) and PG 50mm wide angle... [View all] , Larry E30 Silver Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 , Mon 15-Oct-12 02:02 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Bronica GS-1 (6X7,120) and PG 50mm wide angle...