Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

I may have won ; Bessa L w15mm 4.5 Heliar

chipshorter

Philadelphia, US
48 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: I may have won ; Bessa L w15mm 4.5 Heliar"

chipshorter Silver Member Nikonian since 03rd Apr 2012
Fri 07-Sep-12 07:16 PM

>I won !!
>
>a - 9cm f4 Elmar ...clear and clean ... to use with my
>"L" and viewfinder that's on the way.
>
>Just need a 3.5cm to compleat this set up.

It looks like I'm a little late to the thread but..

Congrats on your purchases! I have the exact setup you mentioned, the 15 with a bessa-L. I have used it a lot; it's practically the only film I use anymore. I particularly enjoy being able to see the meter from waist-level.. It's liberating not to 'have' to look through a viewfinder all the time. It has given me some unusual perspectives that I may not have considered with a more traditional camera.

Is the 90 the elmar collapsible? I had that lens a long time ago and really enjoyed the character of the pictures I got out of it. It's a real bargain in the Leica lineup.

I would be careful using the 90 on the L, though.. remember that the Bessa L doesn't come with a rangefinder. You will have to scale-focus. I have had mixed results doing this with even a 50mm lens. I have used a 35 with it though, guessing distances, and getting good shots even wide open.

A general, generic topic I may have won ; Bessa L w15mm 4.5 Heliar [View all] , Larry E30 Silver Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 , Mon 27-Aug-12 02:13 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: I may have won ; Bessa L w15mm 4.5 Heliar