Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Fuji X10 or Sony RX100?

Drbee

Naperville, US
5927 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Fuji X10 or Sony RX100?"

Drbee Silver Member Nikonian since 05th Aug 2004
Thu 23-Aug-12 01:34 AM

Rich,

Thanks for the reply, I saw the P7700 announcement also. Did you see "bythom.com" comments on the new Coolpix line? Opinions abound.

That darn simple optical tunnel is something that I've always valued in a camera. I like the eye-level framing possibilities even though it might not be parallax corrected or show lots of data. I cut my "real photographer's" teeth on a beater Leica M3. It did have parallax correction but still quick to the eye approximate framing, get the picture and crop later. When my Canon S60 died for the third time, I tracked down a manufacturer discontinued IS700 because it was the last of the optical tunnel VF in that particular Canon line.

Our first digital camera was a Coolpix 900. Especially when traveling we used the swivel body for low-level framing and from a sitting position we would trap the camera between our knees, use BSS and got incredible low light photos at base ISO before ISO3200.

BTW: I'm adding "whipsawed by dueling technological improvements!" to my memorable quotes document. I love the choice of words. Thanks again for weighing in.

Roger
It's still, ISO, aperture and shutter-speed, right?

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic Fuji X10 or Sony RX100? [View all] , Drbee Silver Member , Wed 22-Aug-12 10:20 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Fuji X10 or Sony RX100?