Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

educate me please Contax G1

Leonard62

Pa, US
4419 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: educate me please Contax G1"

Leonard62 Gold Member Awarded for excellent contributions and sharing his in-depth knowledge and experience with the community, especially of Nikkor Lenses Writer Ribbon awarded for his contributions to the Nikonians Resources articles library Nikonian since 15th Mar 2009
Tue 10-Apr-12 12:24 PM

Here is a good article on the G1.

http://www.markusehrenfried.de/photography/thecontaxgsystem.html

I would think the camera is easier to use than you realize. Even though it is a rangefinder camera it has autofocus. So that's one hurdle you won't have to go over.

The first thing you have to learn is how to load film in the camera.

Next set the ISO film speed.

Since the camera has Aperture priority all you have to do is set the lens aperture and the camera will do the rest. Just make sure you keep the shutter speed above the 1/focal length and you'll be OK.

That's it. Rewind the film when you're done with the roll and get it developed.

On the used market the body isn't worth that much, maybe $175 if it's in like new shape. The value is in the Zeiss lenses, $500 to over $600 each. Don't give them away.

Len

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic educate me please Contax G1 [View all] , SheriB Gold Member Awarded for sharing her exceptional images and details of rural farm life. , Sun 08-Apr-12 07:22 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: educate me please Contax G1