Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

educate me please Contax G1

SheriB

Southern York Co, US
1973 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"educate me please Contax G1"

SheriB Gold Member Awarded for sharing her exceptional images and details of rural farm life. Nikonian since 11th Sep 2010
Sun 08-Apr-12 09:22 PM

Went home to Mom and Dad's for Easter dinner..on the bench in the foyer I see a cardboard box marked "Uncle John's cameras-give to Sis (mom) to sell" So after dinner I say to Mom..you KNOW I have to go look through that box right?-She replied.. Why do you think I set it there?? I had that box since Uncle John gave me all those trains to sell.
So I open up the box and see..Carl Zeiss..Carl Zeiss..Carl Zeiss..and start praying "F mount F mount" well I was one letter off All G mounts, a Contax G1 that looks brand new to my eyes, lenses are clean for what I can tell..cases for camera and each lens( no bag. I think my uncle may have kept that to use with another camera.) Most of this stuff truly looks like it has never been out of the boxes.

G1 and manual
GG-1 metal Hood
TLA 140 Flash
45mm f2 Planar T*
28mm f2.8 Biogon T
90mm f2.8 Sonnar T

Also in the box and Olympus OM-1 with a E.Zuiko Auto-T f3.5 135mm and a hot shoe attachment.

-My first question is...is there a good digital camera on todays market that those Carl Zeiss lenses will function with?
-second, if I decide to sell, I am assuming eBay and as a group would be the way to go? Glanced around there a little and I see the lenses are still beinging decent prices.I also have a local camera shop that takes consignments so I could go that way. I could see Mom letting me keep the profits to feed my NAS if Uncle John is ok with it. The way it sounds she thinks he just wanted to get rid of the stuff when he moved into a retirement village. ( He is actually MY Great Uncle)
- any websites I can go to that would help me learn about using this G1 (I know read the manual!!)if I decided to try and run some film through it?
Any advice would be appreciated!

Sheri Becker

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic educate me please Contax G1 [View all] , SheriB Gold Member Awarded for sharing her exceptional images and details of rural farm life. , Sun 08-Apr-12 07:22 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: educate me please Contax G1