Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Anyone else considering the Canon 5D MKIII over the D80...

Rohinton_Mehta

Mumbai, IN
530 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Anyone else considering the Canon 5D MKIII over the D800?"

Rohinton_Mehta Silver Member Nikonian since 16th Feb 2002
Mon 12-Mar-12 02:51 AM

Thank you Eric for your response.

I am unable to open the link you have given; it says there might be an error in it. Anyway, I shall try again later in the day, just in case Internet is playing tricks.

I do not intend to replace my D7000/D700 only because of frame rate. I feel that the larger files from cameras like Nikon D3x, Canon Mark II etc give finer detail that hold up better on large enlargements. The D3x is not only beyond my budget (I don't want to buy second-hand), it is also not to my liking beyond ISO 1600 (even 1600 has some noise, but acceptable). As per Canon, the Mark III's noise level at ISO 25,600 is as low as the Mark II's at ISO 6400! If this is true (or even if it is almost true) then I think it is the right choice for me.

In your opinion (and forgetting for the time being that we all are Nikon lovers), would you have anything solid against the Mark III (at least going by the specifications)? I intend to replace my D700 and keep the D7000 because of its 1.5x crop factor that I find useful for wildlife photography.

Rohinton

A general, generic topic Anyone else considering the Canon 5D MKIII over the D80... [View all] , drseuss , Fri 09-Mar-12 10:55 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Anyone else considering the Canon 5D MKIII over the...