Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Just Bought A Canon G12

kdsmithjr

Malalag, PH
2679 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Just Bought A Canon G12"

kdsmithjr Silver Member Charter Member
Wed 14-Mar-12 01:16 AM

I've been shooting for decades and i own a d300 along with some nikon glass. i have what most would label a decent "kit." Time does move on though. I retired in dec 2010 and i moved to the Philippines and took up scuba diving. Well, if you've been underwater and you shoot, it will only take a minute for you to investigate what it would take to get your nikon dslr underwater. and after than minute of investigation you quickly realize that takeing a d300 underwater takes an investment bigger than what you paid for camera and lens...Gulp!
Fast forward....my dive shop turned me on to a canon g12, which i ended up buying new (about 400 in the states; much more here). I paid about 30,000 peso for the camera and another 18,000 peso for a canon (oem) underwater housing good down to 40 meters depth. So for about $1,100 i was all set....as opposed to $3,000. I hope to append a pic or two taken with the g12...and it does great hd movies underwater too!

K. D. Smith, Jr.
My gallery: https://images.nikonians.org/galleries/showgallery.php/cat/500/ppuser/1334

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic Just Bought A Canon G12 [View all] , chetatkinsdiet , Wed 29-Feb-12 05:46 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Just Bought A Canon G12