Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Free online program;'Picasa' / conversions/PP;

sabre

Bedfordshire, UK
4611 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Free online program;'Picasa' / conversions/PP;"

sabre Silver Member Nikonian since 31st Dec 2006
Sun 19-Feb-12 05:13 PM

Hi Larry,

Picasa is certainly a capable program. Your examples of PP are excellent. When my students ask me which free editing software they could use, I give them two options: GIMP or Picasa. I tell them that if they like tweaking with software tools and options they may prefer GIMP, but for a good all-round editor with an easy to use interface they might prefer Picasa.

My only reservation with Picasa is not the product itself, but rather the way its owner chooses to ride rough-shod over the public's rights. An example being Google's latest move to combine a whole plethora of diverse product terms and conditions into a central one-size-fits-all take-it-or-leave solution that suits Google, but might not fit what users originally signed up for.

However, this does not detract from the capabilities of Picasa as a product, which you have wonderfully shown.

Steve (Bedfordshire, England)
My Nikonians Gallery- please visit and leave a comment
A Nikon in the hand is worth two in the bag!

A general, generic topic Free online program;'Picasa' / conversions/PP; [View all] , Larry E30 Silver Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 , Fri 17-Feb-12 03:52 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Free online program;'Picasa' / conversions/PP;