Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Best Compact Camera

jpFoto

US
1114 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Best Compact Camera"

jpFoto Registered since 25th Jun 2010
Mon 30-Jan-12 10:50 PM | edited Tue 31-Jan-12 01:50 AM by jpFoto

Udayan

You have said, "However, at times, I don't feel like pulling out the camera bag and lenses to take photos."

By the time that your 20 month old son and 3 month old daughter are grown, I suspect that you may regret not "pulling out the camera and lenses to take photos." As I recall, when my kids were babes and toddlers, I didn't have a lot of other things to do, so I didn't find it a chore to pull out the big, heavy, Hasselblad, the F3, the F4s, or whatever else I had to take some quality shots.

My opinion is that you should just start a workout regimine so that you can lift and shoot your heavy camera. Almost every post here prefaces that post with a qualification that they don't expect the same results that they would get with their Nikon glass. My son loves me to use my D3s to take pictures of his children and I am happy to accommodate, but I'm in pretty good shape for an "old guy." If you want a point and shoot, then buy one, but don't make excuses for not using your expensive gear. Also, don't talk about RAW with a P&S, because it doesn't mean anything other than the fact that you know the difference.

Sorry if I was too brutally blunt, so if you need an excuse then just ignore my post and read the others. You don't need a retro-look beauty like the X100 or a new system like the Sony Nex5 or 7. There are alot of us old kids out there who just like to buy new toys, but you should be investing in nice glass. If the $1,500 is burning a hole in your pocket then buy a 24-70 to take some of the most outstanding pictures of your kids that you will ever see in your lifetime (or theirs). Your post makes very little sense to me.

jP

A general, generic topic Best Compact Camera [View all] , Pookoo , Tue 24-Jan-12 08:39 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Best Compact Camera
     Reply message RE:Armando...
          Reply message RE:Armando...