Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Best Compact Camera

Covey22

US
11750 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Best Compact Camera"

Covey22 Moderator Expert in various fields including aviation photography Awarded for his contributions to the Resources and The Nikonian eZine Charter Member
Fri 27-Jan-12 12:42 PM

Personally, I discounted the X10 and the G-1X. Anything that has an optical viewfinder that isn't even close to 100% horz/vert and shows feedback indicators from the camera is not useful to me. Let's face it, I don't want to be guessing at framing when there are so many other factors to be paying attention to.

The Olympus VF is pricey but is well worth it. I had the VF-2 (just after Fukushima so the $ was doubly dear) and it was worth every penny. Look at it this way - if you're willing to pay 500 bucks for a good camera with a VF built in, then the 399+250 (XZ-1 + VF-2) is within the range. And the advantage is that when you really want to go light, you just pop it off and there you go. If money is a concern, go with the VF-1, slightly lower res, but just as useful and has a good posi-lock on the hotshoe connector.

A general, generic topic Best Compact Camera [View all] , Pookoo , Tue 24-Jan-12 08:39 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Best Compact Camera
     Reply message RE:Armando...
          Reply message RE:Armando...