Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Best Compact Camera

tommiejeep

Goa, IN
4638 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Best Compact Camera"

tommiejeep Gold Member Nikonian since 07th Jan 2008
Fri 27-Jan-12 06:08 AM

I'm in the same boat as you and Randy. I am very happy with my Nikons but want something smaller.

I've decided against a 3/4 system and I really do not want to start with another lens collection Yup, I could buy one and get one lens but.... I would never stop there . I also have a problem of what is or will be available in India . The Nikon J1/V1 are not available and no prices yet.

My current short list comprises of the X100, X10, XZ-1,G1X. There is a lot happening in this segment of the market so it is just a matter of finding what suits me since there is no such thing as the perfect small camera,

I was hoping some of the members with the X10 would share some thoughts.

I have spent quite a bit of time on several Forums but hard to figure out who to believe... wow, some get really out of control!

The XZ-1 looks like good value until you start adding the VF and flash. Those take the price right up!

The X10 is getting panned on several forums but I like the idea of the fast zoom and have seen some very good images. Does appear to have some problems shooting night "street" with bright lights.

The Canon G series has always been pretty good and the larger sensor may be better but not a very fast zoom.

I am really leaning towards the X100. Even with some of its' limitations the IQ really impresses me.

It is a lot easier selecting new Nikon gear

Udayan, your have some really good lenses for your D300 and future D800 . I'm waiting to see a replacement for the D300/300s????

This forum is pretty slow but hopefully some more info/ideas will come this way
Cheers,
Tom

Manuel Sousa - alias... T.D.Hardin
http://taja.smugmug.com/
https://images.nikonians.org/galleries/showgallery.php/cat/500/ppuser/165169

A general, generic topic Best Compact Camera [View all] , Pookoo , Tue 24-Jan-12 08:39 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Best Compact Camera
     Reply message RE:Armando...
          Reply message RE:Armando...