Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Re-compleat my P+S camera bag;

Larry E30

US
3433 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"Re-compleat my P+S camera bag;"

Larry E30 Silver Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 27th May 2009
Wed 18-Jan-12 04:54 PM | edited Fri 20-Jan-12 12:47 AM by Larry E30

Canon S5is,just purchased on line - to replace the one I gave to my daughter 2 Christmas's ago. MM range = 35-430mm with IS.

Now this compliments the other camera in the P+S bag(Nikon coolpix 8400 wth wide nikon glass converter)which can zoom from 17/18mm to 35mm

I have NOT been useing my 8400 - since all my many new equipment...
so now...with a re-got Canon S5is ... it's one of my formitable outfits!(get useing it again)!

*along with my Olympus E-PL1 outfit 28-300mm + 2x(to shoot square)
*my Fuji S2 and all my MF lenses(about 12 lenses)
*My Nikon d5100 compleat outfit ;from round image to 3000mm
*my Canon A640...for Kayaking +
*and my WITH ME ALL THE TIME camera(Nikon S6200)...in my phone/waist case.
*Oh - and my Yashica 124G - for film to digital (medium format film)

You would think - the S30 (or new 40)would be the pick...The S30 I had was one of my hardest cameras - to do good with.
S5is is kind of the opposite ; with just a little more thinking(faster shutter speed)i can get 80+% over S30is 50%

Somehow - I don't want to let go ... that P+S outfit ...went on so many trips - and it can still do quite good...or ;good enough...

I will share in useing it in (rotation) with other outfits - namely;
D5100 outfit.

Larry

https://www.flickr.com/photos/larry_e-30/sets/

A general, generic topic Re-compleat my P+S camera bag; [View all] , Larry E30 Silver Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 , Wed 18-Jan-12 03:54 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Re-compleat my P+S camera bag;